5 of my top tips for doing well on MadBid:
- If you’re new to the site bid on the less popular items, things like toasters. You don’t have to bid on these things forever (unless you want to), just until you feel confident about how everything works.
- Only buy credits using a valid promotion code so that you can Buy One Credit Get One Free.
- Watch the site as much as you can bear in order to learn when it’s quiet, who the big bidders are, what auctions are popular, etc.
- Don’t be scared to jump auctions. It has a bad rep and yes you wouldn’t like it if someone did it to you, but who cares? MadBid is all about competition.
- Make your win limits count. You only win 12 things a month: don’t waste them all on toy dinosaurs and cupcake moulds.
For the rest of my tips, including those aimed particularly at beginners, you’ll have to buy my eBook, due out in February 2013. Contact me if you’re interested.